In this episode:
- Getting into Star Wars can be tough. It has a huge history and a gigantic fanbase, and with 50 years behind it, some people are intimidated by the franchise and don’t know how to jump in. Never fear, geeks! We’re here to help.
- Inspired by our resident Jedi Noobs Chocobochica and CapsuleJay (among others!), we want to make sure that Star Wars is not unapproachable. We provide suggestions on the best viewing order on the movies, as well as jumping-on points that aren’t necessarily even tied in with the films.
- There is a huge swath of Star Wars-related media out there, so if you’re a book person, we recommend books (specifically, audiobooks!), or if you’re a gamer, there are always video games, and if you like to binge, you can even jump in with some of the cartoons and even different ways to watch those!
- We discuss the oft-mentioned Machete order, as well as how The Force Awakens (Episode 7) changed the way you jump in and get accustomed to the galaxy far, far away.
- Even spinoffs like the recent Rogue One and the upcoming Han Solo films present unique ways to dip your toes in without needing 50 years worth of history to make sense of it all.
Geeky Offer of the Week
- Head over to audibletrial.com/geektogeekcast and grab either LOST STARS or A NEW DAWN. They are phenomenal audiobooks, and because they’re Star Wars, they have ultra-high production qualities.
- Zelda Zelda Zelda. Breath of the Wild has made him pretty much live in Hyrule.
- Read Wayward and Ratqueens, which has been given a soft reset, which means you can get into it easier now.
Be sure to subscribe to the Geek to Geek Podcast your favorite podcast app, drop a review so we know how we’re doing, and feel free contact us via email at email@example.com or @geektogeekcast on Twitter with any comments, questions, or suggestions for the show. Thanks for listening, and we can’t wait to hear from you!
Geek Offer of the Week:
Geek to Geek Podcast Network:
Music by CarboHydroM